Friday, September 26, 2008

Video Assignment

What did you find interesting and surprising from the time altered video assignment?

I am going to be honest here. I am extremely challenged by video. I spent about 3 hours capturing footage- which was not easy for me. I created mock tripods and stood at ridiculous angles and videotaped myself in conversations with people at work. I then spent pretty much all day Wednesday and most of Thursday and all of this morning struggling with editing. I will say that all is not lost and I have figured out how to scale, modify speed and length in Final Cut Pro. I am stull struggling with exporting my files. Additionally I stumbled upon editing levels. I am going to take some library books out this weekend and practice. I am sure that these are skills that I could do better in if I tried. I know that the goal of grad school is to focus on personal development- however - I see everyones work and am so jealous of their abilities. I was also surprised at my personal body language. I video taped many people talking to me and I flail my hands, role my eyes and smirk constantly!

No comments: