Tuesday, October 28, 2008

protyping

List and describe 2-3 things that you experienced in your 2nd interations that were as you expected/ predicted and 2-3 things that you found unexpected.

EXPECTED/PREDICTED
  • colors! I anticipated that people would be drawn to colored letters. Integrating red foam core really helped move the project in a more "user friendly" direction.
  • web cam Unfortunately I was not optimistic about the webcam being of high enough resolution to produce an interaction on either side. The letters were fuzzy at best- and while people were intrigued- I think that this effort is not worth pursuing at this stage.
  • other side The other side of the park sounded like a dream to me- a place where people were enthusiastic, friendly and eager to participate in public space projects and it turns out some dreams do come true.
  • t-shirt I knew that Zach's t-shirt idea would be successful. It does not take much to move people to interact with a smiley guy sitting next to a sign and soliciting people to take his shirts. I 'm really not excited by this project as it now stands. I find it to be obvious. There needs to be a challenge in this interaction. Maybe that would be getting people to wear the shirts- playing with the aesthetics or posing a question on the shirts for people to respond to.
UNEXPECTED
  • children I did not anticipate the great response that we had from children. They instantly took the project and took the letters and ran to them and put them in their mouths etc. I think that this is partially because of the letters variety in shape, size and color. It left lot to their imaginations.
  • the line At the Shake Shack, I was truly surprised that people would not deviate from their current tasks (waiting, eating, starting out into the void) so as to interact with the letters. I think that they would need to be big, colorful and produce some noise to attract these folks.

No comments: